At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are different…because we’re different, too. As one of the world’s most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it’s like to stand out. That’s why we’re looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we’re calling on the game-changers, innovators, and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.®
Responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue goals by managing, recruiting, and expanding volunteer and donor efforts throughout the area. Maximizes funds raised for ALSAC, while increasing the support for and awareness of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Conducts multiple high-value and revenue special events for general and multicultural markets throughout the area, works with and manages the coordinators, committees, and partners of these events to maximize revenue and grow events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attains and exceeds financial and stewardship goals, as established by territory and area leadership.
2. Uses interpersonal and sales skills to create and build relationships with volunteers and donors through primarily face-to-face interaction, to recruit new partners and grow existing relationships.
3. Uses fundraising knowledge to provide support, motivation, direction, and resources for fundraising initiatives to volunteers and donors through various communication channels, including personal visits, written correspondence, and electronic communication.
4. Recruits and cultivates new and existing volunteer committee members. Develops and manages multiple active event volunteer committees. Involves interaction with high-value volunteers including board members and high-level executives.
5. Responsible for developing and growing multiple high-value ($250,000+) revenue-producing events (including dinners, galas, golf tournaments, dream homes, and walks) with growth rates and expense ratios assigned by territory and area leadership.
6. Establish and activate high-profile national fundraising initiatives throughout the area, including but not limited to St. Jude Dream Home campaigns, radiothons, school-based events, promotions programs, multicultural initiatives, fitness events, and peer-to-peer events. Includes recruiting volunteers and sponsors to implement national program best practices and maximize revenue.
7. Responsible for a small portfolio of donors and volunteers. Develops personal cultivation and engagement plan for volunteers and donors by writing thank you letters, conducting personal visits, and attending donor and volunteer appreciation lunches.
8. Prepares written correspondence before and after events and maintains accurate records of all event contacts and revenues through appropriate tools and systems.
9. Responsible for working in collaboration with the area team and volunteers to identify, cultivate and solicit event donors. Conduct prospect research on potential donors and develop sponsorship proposals.
10. Creates and implements marketing and recruitment plans for events through research and knowledge of current market trends and current happenings within the assigned area in order to develop new business.
- Speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations
- Understand complex verbal or written instructions
- Ability to relate to donors
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal skills and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated negotiating and listening skills
- Donor/customer-oriented with excellent writing, telephone, and organizational skills
- Demonstrates clear communication and the ability to influence others
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through a bachelor’s degree or more than 5 years of experience
Benefits & Perks
We’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And More…
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status.
Salary range: $65,000-$80,000 based on experience
Work location: Work from home in Raleigh or within the Research Triangle Area. The person will be a remote employee for the Charlotte office/team
To apply, click here.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet, or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.