The Development Director will serve as a member and manager of the Development Team. The Director sets the strategy and direction for annual giving and donor relations functions for Easterseals UCP in collaboration with the Vice President. The Director will manage a personal pipeline of individuals, foundations, and corporate donors to hit fundraising expectations while overseeing development operations to maximize and support the work of the development team. This position will manage regional staff to ensure effective and consistent stewardship and engagement of donors and volunteers year round.
Position Title: Director of Development
Position Classification: Full-Time
Posting Dates: 11/22/17-12/01/17
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or marketing from a USDOE or CHEA accredited institution.
- 5+ years of experience working across the spectrum of a comprehensive development strategy.
- Results orientation with proven experience managing development office operations.
- Successful individual, donor identification, cultivation and solicitation.
- Motivated, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a professional image.
- Experience increasing leadership giving ($1,000+) and building a major gift ($25,000) pipeline.
- Ability to quickly assimilate the broad duties and unique perspectives of various functional groups and understand how each contributes to the success of a project.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in large, complex projects with a corresponding capability to assess the broader picture and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and connection with business and social communities;
- Excellent computer skills and database management experience with strong user knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Raiser’s Edge.
- Working well with key volunteers and board members.
- Working with varied personalities and styles easily.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with a focus on details.
- Willingness to offer direct and constructive feedback to development department direct reports and to executive management in professional, respectful manner.
- Positive, outgoing personality and supportive management style.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possession of a current, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and current personal vehicle insurance.
- Sets direction, goals, and drives a consistent and strategic annual fund program.
- Develops and executes year-round engagement and stewardship activities with team for all entry points.
- Collaborates with Communications to deliver strategic messages for donors and prospects. Communication efforts to include but not limited to campaign materials, electronic pieces, social media, mail, and speaking points.
- Provides disciplined approach to building donor pipeline throughout the organization. Uses customized moves management strategies and track donor engagement.
- Utilizes strong research skills to secure new donors, retain current donors, and support increased giving by those with greater capacity.
- Develops strong relationships with individual donors, corporate partners, and foundation donors.
- Drives personal pipeline of individual giving at leadership levels ($1,000-$25,000).
- Tracks and reports progress maximizing use of donor database for moves and pipeline management.
- Develops strategic communication and materials for engagement of donors.
- Develops personal proposals for donor requests in coordination with VP and CEO.
- Manages a development staff comprised of regional development managers and administrative support.
- Promotes a team environment that drives success and accountability.
- Manages staff and committees in the development of and implementation of fundraising events, engagement events, and other donor/prospect events.
Information regarding who will be receiving the resumes: