Position Description: The Development Manager will work directly with the Executive Director and in collaboration with several East Coast Greenway Alliance staff and lead volunteers. A new position in the organization, the Development Manager will have the opportunity to help transform the development capacity of this leading nonprofit.
The goal of this position is to continue the dramatic growth of the past six years as the organization nearly tripled revenue and staff. The right candidate will have excellent writing and research skills to support, empower, and grow our team and must be able to travel when needed to different parts of the East Coast for meetings and events. A budget for travel, equipment, and other program expenses will be provided. We anticipate a start date in January 2018.
- Grant writing and reporting
- Research to connect with and inspire our current and prospective supporters
- Support the Executive Director in developing and executing annual fundraising plan
- Integrate development best practices with Communications Manager for ECGA website, newsletters, and other media
- Develop fundraising reports for the Executive Director to assess progress and develop plans for strong growth consistent with our Strategic Plan to 2020 (reaching $1.27 M by 2020)
- Grow the mix of revenue from foundations, individual major donors, corporate partners, dues-paying members, and events – with a focus on sources showing highest potential.
- Develop detailed progress reports on East Coast Greenway fundraising throughout our regions in collaboration with relevant team members.
- Set up systems that empower ECGA staff and volunteers to achieve their potential in fundraising to serve the mission of our organization.
- Fundraising Plan Execution
- Become familiar in detail with the diverse portfolio of ECGA income
- Work directly with relevant staff and the Board of Trustees’ Development Committee to provide increasing support for the organization.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
- Track record of effective fundraising development and nonprofit revenue growth.
- Passionate commitment to East Coast Greenway Alliance mission and our core values of public health, sustainability, and equitable economic development.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and integrity.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic approach; tenaciously takes initiative and applies sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and tactfully with a wide range of people and personalities to establish collaborative partnerships.
- Ability to engage and motivate volunteers.
- Able to function in a fast-paced work environment and work on several project deadlines simultaneously, delivering professional work on-time and on-budget.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and independent worker who understands the need to develop work plans and to prioritize work efficiently. Takes record-keeping, documentation, and file management seriously.
- Able to travel for key meetings and events throughout the Eastern Seaboard.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Salary: Full-time position with competitive salary commensurate with experience. This position will most likely be based at our HQ in Durham, NC.
- 10 paid holidays & 10 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid vacation days per year (increases to 15 after first year of service)
- FICA, Medicare, unemployment security, workers’ compensation.
- Health insurance available via group policy. ECGA covers 80% of premium for medical and 50% dental & vision for employee & 50% toward dependents’ medical/dental/vision.
- ECGA has a match for retirement contributions.
APPLY HERE: http://greenway.applytojob.com/apply/IGNkaFvbe1/Development-Manager
ECGA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, age, veteran status, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin. We are committed to achieving an inclusive, diverse workplace that values every individual.