Manager of Marketing and Communications
Community Home Trust (CHT) is seeking a dynamic and effective Manager of Marketing and Communications Director (MC). This position will report to the Executive Director.
CHT has 8 professional staff and a $1 million budget. The MC works under the direction and supervision of the ED. The ED and staff collectively work under the oversight of the Board of Directors in fulfilling CHT’s mission. CHT’s office, including the MC position, is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
The position will set and guide the strategy for all CHT communications, website, social media, public relations messages, and collateral in order to consistently articulate CHT’s mission. The position will strengthen and broaden membership, use marketing tactics to engage stakeholders, and develop marketing programs to increase financial growth, as well as partner with staff to successfully manage the communication strategic initiatives. The position will help to develop a volunteer program that will engage current residents and members. The position will work closely with the team to update educational guides, presentations, pamphlets, and other branded materials.
- Build and direct a strong, well-designed, well-defined strategic communications plan that promotes affordable housing in the community – helping to advance the organization’s work in priority issue areas and campaigns, leveraging earned and paid media, digital organizing tactics, social media strategies, and storytelling.
- Create, lead, and implement all public relations efforts to consistently and effectively communicate CHT’s vision, role, and relevance in the community.
- Tell the story of CHT’s mission through compelling, effective, and values-based narratives that center people impacted by our issues and are tailored to reach specific audiences. Coordinate shared messaging with staff and partners that is based on research, best practices, and the organization’s mission.
- Lead the production of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Initiate new communications vehicles to create engagement and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of these communications activities.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral.
- Manage CHTs website administration.
- Track and measure the level of engagement of key stakeholders over time as well as other key performance indicators.
- Manage all media buys and press release buys.
- Educate and further develop communications skills where needed to drive CHT’s success.
- Work closely with the Manager of Development, to identify specific communications campaigns to donor types.
- As necessary, hire, onboard, develop, motivate, and evaluate the work of communications, including developing work plans, managing personnel situations, facilitating a positive team culture, and holding staff accountable.
- Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of the communications programs of the organization.
- Develop and manage communications department budget.
- Ability to identify and segment multiple audiences, determine the best distribution channels for each audience, and transform key messaging points depending on the intended audience.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print and digital materials including working with freelance graphic designers.
- Manage relationships with freelance contractors and other vendors used for communications materials.
- 5+ years of professional communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the communications field
- Experience with nonprofit organizations; affordable housing knowledge preferred
- Experience working in a small team environment
- A commitment to, and enjoyment of, creating and nurturing relationships
- Demonstrated experience setting and achieving (if not exceeding) goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication, active listening skills, and a persuasive, tactful, compassionate, and professional demeanor
- Ability to work a demanding, primarily self-directed work schedule. Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Demonstrated a high level of personal and ethical standards
- Advanced knowledge of computers and personal communication devices
- Advanced knowledge of electronic and social media
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and Canva preferred. Simple graphic design skills required.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Familiarity with digital analytics and digital content management systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Familiar with Salesforce.com or comparable customer relations software platform.
CHT offers a salary that is commensurate with experience and reflective of salaries in nonprofit organizations as well as a generous benefits package. The position is full-time, an average of 40 hours per week, with occasional evening and weekend hours.
Please specify salary requirements
- Position type: full-time salaried employee
- Job Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good match for this position and how you meet the qualifications to Executive Director – Kimberly Sanchez.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Resumes in confidence. All inquiries are to be directed via email to email@example.com